Shirt - The Friday Polo - Blue
Hand cut and sewn in Naples by bespoke shirt maker Luca Avitabile. A polo that works well under tailored suits. They are designed to be tucked in and cut long, with tails like a shirt. They are made with a collar stand, in order to stand up and roll around a jacket collar, but also have rubber collarbones in case you do not want the collar roll and would like it to remain stiff. The material is from Caccioppoli. This fabric is not only a beautiful quality, but is a mid-weight that could be worn three seasons of the year. On its own in summer, or in Spring or Autumn with a shawl-collar sweater over the top.
- Mid-weight Caccioppoli pique-cotton fabric.
- Hand cut and party hand sewn, all in an atelier in Naples.
- Cutting and work overseen by Luca Avitabile, bespoke shirtmaker.
- Mother of pearl buttons.
- Stand collar, like a shirt, to help it sit under tailored jackets.
- Slots in the collar for shirt-stays.
- Half buttoning.
- Long tail and front, like a shirt, as the polo is designed to be worn tucked in.
- The shirts will not shrink when washed, but should expand slightly in the waist.
- Do wash cool and line dry.